Live hatchling found during excavation and later released.
Volunteers break open unhatched eggs during an excavation to determine their contents. These look infertile.
Adopting a nest is a fun and educational way to show your support. Many parents and grandparents use it as a chance to show our young people the importance of the balance of nature and how they can have a positive impact by becoming involved. All adopting sponsors receive a certificate and important information about their nests, along with a final report on the overall season.
Fill out the form below (secure payment via PayPal) or you can download the Adopt-A-Nest form and mail it in with your check.
A special thanks to the Friends of the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge who sponsor the Adopt-A-Nest program each year.
Share the Beach is a joint effort of:
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge
- Gulf State Park
- Alabama Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Friends of the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge
- Volunteers of "Share the Beach"
- Baldwin County
- City of Gulf Shores
- City of Orange Beach
- Alabama Gulf Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Alabama Gulf Coast Area Chamber of Commerce
Photos courtesy of Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge.